Tutorials for WordPress and Woocommerce on the Genesis Framework
These technical tutorials for WordPress linked below contain real-life examples, tips, and hacks that I use that allow you to extend the power of a small business website and customisation for your E-commerce Site.
I also offer one to one tuition services to empower you to manage your WordPress website as well as SEO tuition.
WordPress is a free open-source content management system that powers over 28% of the websites in the world. If you need a bit of help to fix a WordPress Website or to create a website, we offer WordPress Services.
- SEO services and consulting for a WordPress site
- Backups, security and monitoring through our Website Care Plans
- Update management including your theme and plugins
- Security Hardening
Woocommerce is a free eCommerce plugin for WordPress. Did you know that Woocommerce powers over 30% of all online stores? There are many free extensions (over 1000) in the WordPress Plugin Directory that work with Woocommerce. Many of the plugins that extend WooCommerce are not free
Here are some of the extensions that I have personally used to meet my client’s specific needs.
- Gravity Forms WoocommerceIn this tutorial, I will cover two examples of how to use gravity forms and woocommerce in your ecommerce website shop to deal with complex products.
- How to change the menu on the My Account Page in WoocommerceIn this tutorial, I explain how to change the menu on the My Account in Woocommerce.
- How to edit the Proceed to Checkout text in the cart in WoocommerceHere is a code snippet to edit the Proceed to checkout text in the Woocommerce Shopping cart.
- How to remove the sidebar from woocommerce shop pages with a Genesis themeWant to customise your ecommerce website? Here is a tutorial showing you how to remove the sidebar from the Woocommerce shop pages.
- Slow WordPress WP_Query with Woocommerce
- Integrating Genesis Themes with WoocommerceDo you want to integrate one of the stunning Genesis Themes with Woocommerce Plugin?
- Stand-alone admin page for a WooCommerce Installation
- How to centre an image in WordPress Sometimes it can be difficult to get an image centred.
- How to resize and crop an image Here is how to resize and crop an image to an exact size. This can be useful when you want to select a particular portion of the photo, and you don’t want to use the WordPress media editor.
Custom Post Types
- How to create a Custom Post Type in Genesis Custom Post Types are great for separating out content within your website.
- How to disable the Visual editor for WordPress CPT When you add HTML content in the WordPress text editor, which is powered by TinyMCE, you can find when moving to the visual editor that some of your HTML has disappeared! For the most part, this is not an issue at all. I mostly write in the visual editor anyway or any changes made do not alter the design of my post or page. But every now and then, it does matter.
- How to pass data to an Ecommerce form or an Enquiry form Are your customers looking at different information pages about your products and services and then heading to an enquiry form or a product purchase? Using dynamic population gives you the ability to pre-select some fields on the form for them.
- Using Widget Logic Plugin. The widget logic plugin allows you to show different content in widget areas based on rules.
- How to use Genesis Columns instead of Tables for WordPress
- Icon Fonts with Multisite and BuddyPress with BP Portfolio. Fallen in love with icon fonts yet? They are a better alternative to using images for small details. The old way was to use small image files like the ticks in the lists on our website packages pages.
I highly recommend the following WordPress tutorial websites
Sridhar Katakam: SridharKatakam.com is a paid membership with hundreds of step by step examples on customizing Genesis, a popular WordPress framework.
Wp Sites: Brad Dalton Specializes In Genesis child theme customization & code modification. (Paid Membership)